Friday, October 13, 2006

Dear God,

It's way too early in the morning. How do you do it? I'm tired but excited about my meeting this morning. Another chance to raise the awareness level. Thanks!

Were you listening when Mom gave me that great compliment yesterday? You know, that was really YOUR compliment, though. YOU made me; YOU created me. So, would you take the credit for what she said? I don't try to do anything special, but for some reason, people really appreciate me sometimes. Appreciate what? If they only knew the things I've done wrong and the thoughts that I entertain all too frequently. Maybe then they wouldn't be so quick to praise. Thank you for forgiving me. Can you keep me from stupid sin? I know that it's my life, but you could sort of steer me away from dumb stuff, right? That might greatly improve my chances.

I'm getting better at this notion that you think I'm pretty cool. You really do want to spend time with me, spend the day with me, waste time together? Are you SURE about that? I have difficulty believing that. It seems like nobody has time to just waste anymore. (Time is money, and all that nonsense.)

I'm sorry I told that stupid joke about you at the theater, too. I just really hate the whole WWJD thing. You know why. Can you possibly be as sarcastic as I am?

Little J has a 'message of the day.' It seems to work well for him. Could we try it? What's mine for today? Could I suggest, "Shut up and listen more?" Man, I need to do that.

There are some things I'm starting to see about myself. I like them. Could you please continue with whatever it is you are doing? Could we build something together? You know why that's a tough one for me, but I am ready now.

Where DO you put all the junk I ask you to take from me? It's got to be quite the pile by now! I'm glad I never have to see it.

Well, I'm about to go outside and start my day, so to speak. I guess it really started some time ago, though, didn't it?

I love you.

No comments: