Friday, January 20, 2006

Bigger than life

Here's a little food for thought:
1.) What are you doing right now with your time, energy, and talent that will outlive you? Or, what are you doing that will last forever? Can anything last forever? Parenting aside, what's really worth it?
2.) Is legacy--specifically an eternal one--possible?
3.) What is the most high-stakes venture you can think of? Why?



Note: When I posted this orginally, I intended no disrespect to the importance of child-rearing. I simply wanted to avoid what I anticipated as a common answer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Besides raising my children, I am doing nothing to create a "Legacy." I think legacies are defined by the people who remain afterward. The things that they think are important are what creates the legacy. I'll just keep doing my thing because it's the thing I like to do. This gives me the freedom to change my mind about what I like to do without feeling guilty about it.

I guess the downside of that is it doesn't give me very much accountability when I decide to change hobbies/goals/etc. which will probably make it pretty difficult to do something truly "Great" without quite a bit of luck.

So what is your legacy building goal?