Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Opposed to Failure

Some encouraging stuff:

"Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently." - Henry Ford

"I am never down; I am either up or getting up." - Anon.

"Failure isn't failure unless you don't learn from it." - Ronald Niednagel

Questions to ask after a failure:
What lessons have I learned?
Am I grateful for the experience?
How can I turn this into success?
Where do I go from here?
Who else has failed like this before and what can I learn from them?
How can my experience help others avoid my mistakes in the future?
Did I actually fail, or did I simply fall short of an unrealistically high standard?
Where did I succeed as well as fail?
"In the best possible environment, growth is not only allowed, but leaders model it an expect it from everyone." - John Maxwell

FEAR > INACTION > LACK OF EXPERIENCE > IGNORANCE > MORE FEAR

OR

FEAR > ACTION > EXPERIENCE > WISDOM > DECREASED FEAR & INCREASED SUCCESS!

"Success is not measured by what a man accomplishes, but by the opposition he has encountered and the courage with which he has maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds." - Lindbergh

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected." - Thoreau

No comments: