Saturday, September 30, 2006

Blue Like My Sweatshirt

Two amazing things--no, three that happened to me, or about me, or just happened. No fault of my own. I certainly didn't earn them.
1. I got to have breakfast with an amazing man whom I truly admire and respect. I got to receive his wisdom and share a little of who I am.
2. I had a great visit with my dad.
3. I participated in an interview for an upcoming DVD How Divorce Changes Childhood. I hope it will be released this year.

This morning as I sat and listened to Donald "Not the Rock" Miller, http://www.donaldmillerwords.com/ speak about the evolution, or de-evolution, of the Church since the time of Christ (I believe this CD will be available at www.willowcreek.org/seeds.asp ), I thought, "How simple." How revolutionary his illustration of how our job as Christ-followers was to reunite orphaned or separated children to their father. Hmmm. He even went so far as to compare it to a dating service: setting people up on a blind date with God. Too much sales pitch scares off the potential "daters."

He said that if he were the devil, he'd do two things. First, give really weird people a T.V. ministry. Second, make Christians fight people on CNN. That way all of us look like racists, bigots, and hypocrites. We owe a lot of people an apology . . .



Ben Wilcox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Had a great time, Bud. I hope that was not the last game the Tigers win this year. Love you, Dad