Monday, March 14, 2005

Relief

After my first attempt at public speaking yesterday, I find myself experiencing mixed emotions. Relief from nervousness, appreciation for the support I received, amazement at God's ability to use anyone for His glory, and most of all, gratefulness to Jesus for the difference He's made in my life and the opportunity to tell others about it/Him. (I'm excited about the chance to do better the next time and the next time, etc.) The challenge now, of course, is to represent my words from 'the pulpit' with my actions- everyday & everywhere.
'God, form my character. Continue to transform me into the image of Jesus.' That has to be my prayer . . .
Am I a preacher? Probably not. I have to be is myself, on-stage or off. All any Christian is supposed to do is point the way to Christ. That's our "calling".

"Followers of Christ live by faith alone to the glory of God alone. . . there is no sacred vs. secular, higher vs. lower . . . where calling is concerned. Calling equalizes even the distinctions between clergy and laypeople. It is a matter of 'everyone, everywhere, and in everything' living life in response to God's summons."
-Os Guinness

No comments: