Sunday, March 06, 2005

Ben Wilcox: March 2005

my PSALM 23


God the Father is my dad.
In Him I have all the relationship I missed when I was younger.
He sets my mind (my ‘Ben-Head’) at ease: it’s like I’m standing next to a peaceful river.
He builds my self-esteem.
My dad encourages me to follow the straight and narrow so that His great name will be honored above all.
Although day to day I work in darkness and evil & discontent abound,
I won’t be afraid or discouraged from letting your light shine because you are right there with me.
I feel your hand on my shoulder.
You fix my favorite meal for me whenever I’m down on myself.
You clean me up and let me sit in you favorite chair.
You put money in my wallet when I’m not looking.
I know beyond any doubt that you’ll never leave me.
In fact you’ll be right there beside me, even when I don’t see you,
For the rest of my life.
You’ll always keep a room for me in your house.

No comments: