Thursday, April 24, 2008

DOING VS. BEING

QUICKLY, HERE IS A LIST OF THINGS THAT I HAVE DONE AND THEIR RELATIONSHIP TO MY DEVELOPMENT AS A PERSON . . .AT LEAST, I HOPE.

DOING
1. Participated in first Strongman event
2. Started learning jiu-jitsu and grappling
3. Two day drive back to Colorado with no music or other in-car noise
4. Saying goodbye to loved people
5. Moved into drastically smaller living space

BEING
1. Pushed myself to several “personal bests” and gained confidence in my ability to do things I never thought of doing until recently
2. Learning to ‘not freak out’ when someone is smothering me. [life long fear/phobia]
3. Continued to develop ear for God’s voice and enjoyed the scenery: Mt. Rushmore, Custer Park, Black Hills, and the antelope of Wyoming. Also, re-entering relaxed pace of life west of the Mississippi River
4. Trusting relational strength; faith in God’s desire for me to have good gifts; ability to receive; bigger picture perspective; carrying the hope that I will develop new relationships in Durango
5. Opportunity to get rid of superfluous stuff; ongoing journey of simplicity

No comments: