Saturday, January 27, 2007

Wow. What is going on?










So, I've filled in as a substitute small group leader for middle school guys twice in the past month. You know, it's not as scary as I thought it might be. I like that they are accepting of me, and I try to let them know that it's really THEIR group: I'm just a visitor. It's an honor to be able to do this, and I've had a lot of fun both times. I hope I get more chances to sit in with these students. They are awesome, and they help to confirm my belief that there is no such thing as a "bad kid." They are all good kids--until some adult(s) screws them up.
Anyway, thanks, God, for letting me into their world a little bit. I don't know what you are doing in my life, but it's cool. A little frightening--but mostly cool.
Keep me humble, OK?
Love, Benny

1 comment:

Wes said...

i am glad you are leading at elevate. thanks for the complement.