Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A little giant is loose on capital hill!




My little wife is in Washington, D.C. today, but what she is doing there is anything but small. (Because of her height, I jokingly refer to her as 'The Midge.' My midget is my hero.)
Although not an official "little person" according to any diagnostic criteria, she is quite small, but she always seems to acquire a lot of attention. I'm pretty confident she'll get the attention she needs this week as she seeks to raise the awareness of, and the amount of money allotted to, the fight against cancer.
My wife has done so many noble things, and she continues to amaze and outshine--others, AND me, most of all me. I sit (to be at eye level, otherwise I'd stand) in awe of this small wonder who is always busy making a difference in so many people's lives: her family and friends, the Church, nationally at the governmental level, and globally as well.
I'm proud of you, dear. Keep fighting & live strong. You always have.






Ben Wilcox

No comments: